Family Development Program (FDP)
The Family Development Program provides individualized in-home support for families with children 0-18 years of age to increase their parenting skills and enhance family relationships. We work with families to help them:
- Learn new parenting strategies
- Increase their communication skills
- Build a strong network of connection and support
- Create a supportive and safe home environment
- Ensure the healthy development of the children
- Access community services and resources
The program is free of charge and typically lasts for 3-6 months.
Referrals for the Family Development Program may come from Children Service’s caseworkers, self-referral (parent/caregiver) or professionals.
We serve families throughout Calgary and surrounding areas and have offices in Calgary and Okotoks.