Provides methadone or Suboxone® maintenance treatment to people dependent on opioids and helps them access services they need to live healthy lives.
Provides methadone or Suboxone® maintenance treatment in an outpatient setting. Patients are stabilized on methadone or Suboxone® under close medical supervision and evaluation of response to medication.
When they are properly prescribed and dispensed, a person on either medication is able to function normally with no drowsiness and no withdrawal symptoms. When taken as prescribed, both methadone and Suboxone® are safe medications and can be taken over a long term.
Services available may include:
- ongoing support and monitoring (e.g. prescription management, medical follow up, urine testing, counselling and treatment planning)
- health, safety and risk reduction teaching and management
- source of information and expertise for community stakeholders on Opioid Agonist Treatment and Suboxone®
- links to community pharmacists
- links to other addictions treatment services
- links to other social and health support systems
- hepatitis and HIV screening
Services are voluntary and confidential.